Auburn Bowls is a great place to have a casual roll with friends.
We welcome small walk-up groups at any time ($15 pp for non-members) or you can book rinks for a larger party or function. See Venue Hire for more details on what the club offers with facilities to make your next function a great success.
What you need to know
- As we operate under a club licence you and your guests may need to sign in as visitors to the club.
- We are fully licensed (no BYO drinks) with a great range of popular beverages at club prices. We practice the responsible serving of alcohol.
- Barefoot means barefoot – but if you have lawn bowls shoes, that’s fine. If you don’t like the feeling of grass under your feet, thongs are fine … so long as they have no treads or heels.
- We can accommodate all sizes of groups, whether just 2 people or a large party. Just so you can get an idea, the maximum number of players on any one rink is ideally 8.
- You will be outside and in the sun when bowling. Dress appropriately and make sure you wear sun-smart clothes and sunscreen as necessary.
- When you arrive we will make sure you are instructed in the game and, importantly, the safety aspects of barefoot lawn bowls to make sure your experience and those of our other guests is a safe and memorable one. We want you to have fun!
Barefoot bowling is a fantastic game that is easy to learn, great fun and creates a great atmosphere for social gatherings be it with friends, family or work colleagues.
We have 2 greens that each have 7 bowling rinks available. We have a Synthetic green and a Grass Green.
Summer Booking Times
Winter Booking Times
Monday 4pm until 6pm
Tuesday 6pm until 8pm
Wednesday 6pm until 8pm
Thursday 5pm until 8pm
Friday 5pm until 8pm
Sunday : by prior arrangement
Please note that during the Pennant season (Start of October to the end of March) we do not hire the club or rinks out for barefoot bowls on Saturdays.
One week’s notice is recommended.
Winter time is May until September
Monday – Friday 4pm until 5:30pm*
Saturday 2pm – 5pm
Some Sundays via prior arrangement.
You MUST wear flat soled shoes, thongs or be barefoot to bowl. We will provide you with Bowls, and coaching to get you started.
Our club bar will be open for your booking. The Bar person will also be able to coach you on how to bowl if you require that.
As we are a Members club, our members and their guests are always welcome. We do not offer exclusive use of the venue at any time.
Please call the club if you have any special requirements.
If required we also have a BBQ are that can be hired.
All Barefoot bowls is $15 per person.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- We practice the responsible serving of alcohol.
- We are fully licensed (no BYO) with a great range of popular beverages at discounted prices.
- You MUST wear flat soled shoes, thongs or be barefoot to bowl.
- Please dress appropriately and make sure you wear sun-smart clothes and sunscreen as necessary.
- When you arrive we will make sure you are instructed in the game and, importantly, the safety aspects of barefoot lawn bowls
- No drinking or smoking on the greens
If you are after something more and want to join the club or play competitive bowls see the links below.
2b Munro St Hawthorn East 3123