For function/event enquiries or bookings, email: email@example.com
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss your needs or to ask any questions
What we offer
Auburn Bowls provides a relaxed and welcoming environment for your event.
You have a choice of booking a combination of our dining/function room, kitchen, and BBQ area. There is the option of bare foot bowls on our synthetic green with use of our club bowls and some instruction to get you set up & going. We also have a pool table and darts for your group’s use. We are a fully licensed venue, with drinks available to purchase from our bar at very reasonable prices.
Cost of booking our venue
Hall hire fee
$250 +GST = $275 includes bowling (hire fee is paid up front as confirmation of booking), this includes the option of bowling.
$30 per hour (one bar person per 29 guests). Drinks/bar tab to be paid at the end of the function.
Special discounted fees for functions apply to
- Club Members $100+GST $110 (personal events only)
- Community groups/not for profits – contact Club Secretary
Your booking will be confirmed on payment of the Hall hire fee, which will be taken as confirmation of your booking as well as acceptance of our Terms and Conditions – refer below.
What information do we need from you?
For the booking
- Proposed Booking Date & time (please advise if early access is required for set up/decorating)
- Contact name, phone and email address
- What part of the premises (function/dining room and/or BBQ/bar)
- Estimated Number of attendees, adult/children
Prior to the function
- Confirmation of estimated numbers
- Do you plan to bowl? If yes, estimated numbers
- Let us know if you are engaging professional entertainers like a band, DJ as well as your proposed catering arrangements e.g. BYO food or professional caterer etc.
What days times are you available to book functions?
Our clubhouse is open 7 days per week. However, Saturdays during the bowls pennant season (October to February/March ) are generally not available for functions.
Our busiest time is late November and December, so book early to avoid disappointment!
The maximum seated is 80 people (which is more than comfortable).
The BBQ area seats around 20 people.(more for stand up)
We can accommodate groups for bowls, larger groups can always rotate bowlers. Let us know if you would like us to facilitate a game, Crackerjack style!
What type of events has the Auburn Bowls Club hosted?
We’ve hosted many corporate planning events, weddings, engagements, club presentation nights, fundraisers such as trivia nights or Crackerjack events as well as birthday celebrations, many Christmas parties plus team building, training, seminars. It is up to you!. Looking for a venue to hold meetings? Look no further. Auburn Bowls Club provides meeting facilities for many local community groups and local businesses.
Do you allow bookings for 18th and 21st Birthdays?
No, we are unable to host these events.
Is the space private?
Whilst we tend to limit functions to only one group at a time, however the bar area is also used by Club members most days after 4pm, so it you require a separate space it is best to book the dining/function room.
Is the space air-conditioned?
The bar and dining room are air-conditioned.
Do have a projector etc?
Our dining/function room has AV projector & screen, microphone/PA and white board for your use, so it is perfect for a seminar or group working space. (If you need any of these, please let us know when you are booking)
Do you have commercial kitchen/caterers?
We don’t have in house caterers, but you can BYO food or bring in catering/caterers, we provide you will full use of our kitchen. You are also welcome to order from outside food delivery services. Please ask if you need any recommendations for caterers.
Adjacent to the function room is a kitchen which is fully equipped. We have cutlery and crockery & some table clothes available. You will need to provide napkins and any decorations/table pieces, disposable plates and cutlery (if required).
Can we use your BBQ?
You will have the option of using our new BBQ. The Club will provide BBQ utensils.
What if it rains?
Reasonable requests to reschedule events will be considered., You may wish to continue the event and pivot to indoor activities.
Booking Terms & Conditions
We request that the following guidelines be adhered to and that they are made aware to your group (remember, we are a volunteer run Club!).
Check-in of guests
- Only (min) double vaccinated guests. NO exceptions.
- On the greens, you can go barefoot, or you can wear flat soled sport runners (no heels).
- If the event is in the daytime, don’t forget to bring hat/sunscreen!
- Take good care of the club bowls. Do not throw or drop the bowls on the green (this damages the green).
- NO drinks on the bowls greens.
- At the end of the session, bowls are to be returned to the tubs/holders in sets.
- No smoking on the greens, inside the building or in the BBQ area.
- Due to the requirements of our Club’s liquor licence, BYO of alcohol is not allowed.
- All beverages (alcoholic and soft drinks) must be purchased from the club bar.
- Children must have parental supervision, and we remind you that our Club is a bowls club and not a playground.
At the end of the function, clean up
- We recommend you start the process before your “volunteers” disappear.
- The area is to be left clean and tidy, including the BBQ and/or kitchen (if used).
- All food, decorations and rubbish must be removed before leaving the premises. Rubbish bins are located at the front of the property on the left before exiting via the front gate.
- Food is NOT to be left on premises after the function (Food Safety Act requirement)
- Dining room chairs and tables to be returned to the position that they were found in.